New Incentive job recruitment for the position of field officers in Zamfara, Sokoto, Kebbi, Kano, Katsina, Jigawa, Kaduna and so on.
New Incentives stands at the forefront of an emerging trend where caregivers are provided with modest rewards when their infants receive immunizations, simultaneously raising awareness about the positive impact of childhood vaccinations on health.
Job Title and Location
Field Officer (Entry-Level) in Jigawa, Kastina and Zamfara
We are currently seeking Field Officers to join our team in Jigawa/Katsina/Zamfara State, Nigeria, as part of our efforts to combat child mortality. Please note that this position is primarily for contingency purposes and to identify potential candidates for future scaling opportunities.
As Field Officers, your main responsibility will be to provide support for the New Incentives program, which utilizes cash transfers to incentivize mothers to ensure their infants complete the immunization schedule. This program is carried out in collaboration with the State Primary Healthcare Development Board in Jigawa/Katsina/Zamfara State.
The key duty of Field Officers will involve enrolling beneficiaries at public clinics. This is a full-time position that requires working at various clinics throughout Jigawa/Katsina/Zamfara State. It is essential that applicants are already based or reside in one of the following towns in the respective states:
Jigawa: Gwiwa, Gumel, Yankwashi, Kazaure, Miga, Maigatari, Kiyawa, Gwaram, Dutse, Buji, Kafin Hausa, Malam Madori, Auyo, Sule Tankarkar, Gagarawa, Roni, Babura, Jahun, Augama, Kiri Kasama, Guri, Garki, Hadejia, Taura, Birnin Kudu, Biriniwa, Ringim.
Katsina: Musawa, Zango, Dan Musa, Sandamu, Matazu, Mashi, Katsina, Sabuwa, Kaita, Dutsi, Dandume, Batsari, Jibia, Danja, Batagarawa, Rimi, Kankara, Malumfashi, Kafur, Mani, Funtua, Kusada, Bindawa, Daura, Mai’Adua, Baure, Faskari, Dutsin Ma, Bakori, Kurfi, Charanchi, Kankia, Ingawa, Safana
Zamfara: Bungudu, Birnin Magaji-Kiyaw, Gusau, Talata Mafara, Zurmi, Kaura Namoda, Anka, Maru, Tsafe, Shinkafi, Bakura, Gummi, Maradun, Bukkuyum.
Join our team and contribute to the important mission of preventing child mortality in these states.
In recent years, Nigeria has made significant strides in enhancing the accessibility of vaccination services for infants. However, despite these advancements in the supply of vaccines, the demand for immunizations remains relatively low. To address this issue, New Incentives has introduced a program that incentivizes mothers to complete the full vaccination schedule for their infants by providing cash transfers.
This initiative plays a crucial role in safeguarding babies against life-threatening diseases. By offering cash transfers, mothers are able to cover transportation costs to the clinic and receive compensation for any income they may have lost during the process.
- Enrolling beneficiaries at distant public clinics.
- Monitoring immunization services at your assigned clinic.
- Interacting with clinic staff and beneficiaries.
- Performing thorough and efficient rapid assessments.
- Providing assistance with other program-related tasks as required.
Required Qualifications: ni
- Minimum of a National Diploma, preferably a Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in the field of Health or other Natural Sciences.
- Willingness to work at remote public clinics a few days per week and utilize public transport to reach them.
- Experience with the Nigerian health system and familiarity with clinic documentation, particularly related to infant health and vaccinations.
- Desirable experience in collecting, synthesizing, and deriving conclusions from health-related data.
- Fluency in local languages/dialects spoken in Jigawa/Katsina/Zamfara, particularly Hausa. Please indicate your proficiency level in each language/dialect in your cover letter.
- Nigerian national already residing in Jigawa/Katsina/Zamfara State.
- Attentive to financial matters and skilled in fund management.
- Detail-oriented and diligent professional.
- Strong passion for helping others and reducing infant mortality.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English, Hausa, and relevant dialects (both verbal and written).
- Prompt responsiveness to email and phone inquiries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, internet browsers, smartphones, and new communication technologies in general.
- Hardworking, results-oriented, and loyal.
- Motivated to work in a dynamic organization that embraces stakeholder feedback and operates with an efficient structure.
Application Closing Date
You may also want to read: ICPC Recruitment 2023-How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only online applications will be accepted and must include the following attachments:
- One-page CV.
- A concise letter of motivation (maximum of 300 words).
- This position requires hands-on work and is suitable for hard-working and dedicated young candidates.
- The selection process for this position is highly competitive. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo a series of online tests and interviews to ensure a transparent and merit-based selection process.Selected candidates will be invited to attend in-person training, and the most qualified individuals will be offered a position.
- New Incentives strives to allocate the majority of its resources to beneficiaries, thus limiting administrative costs. As a result, staff salaries are modest but adequate. Expectations should be aligned accordingly, considering that they may not match those offered by larger international organizations or corporations.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
In conclusion, the recruitment for the position of Field Officers in Zamfara, Katsina, and Jigawa offers a valuable opportunity to contribute to the important mission of preventing child mortality in these states. By incentivizing mothers to fully vaccinate their infants, the program aims to protect babies from deadly diseases.