The Nigerian Army has on Tuesday 31st January 2023 opened its portal for the 2023 enlistment into it’s direct short service commission course (DSSC). The Army made this known in a tweet shared on its official Twitter page on Wednesday, February 1, 2023. At the same time, the guides and basic requirements Nigerians need to know before they apply for the course were explained by the Army as it made it clear that registration is free.
The Nigerian Army has announced the commencement of its 27/2023 enlistment into its direct short-service commission course. The application, which opened on Tuesday, January 31, was announced on the the official Twitter and Facebook handles of the Army on Wednesday, February 1st.
The Statement Read;
This is to inform the general public that the online application for Direct Short Service Commission Course 27/2023 has commenced. All applications must be submitted online not later than 14 March 2023. Visit recruitment.army.mil.ng.
Application is Free !!!
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Applications are to be made online free of charge from 31 January 2023 to 14 March 2023.
HOW TO APPLY:
(1) Go online and visit NA webpage at: recruitment.army.mil.ng and choose DSSC option from the page.(2)
You will be redirected to the page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC courses.
(3) Click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC as per your qualification and Corps of choice.
(4) At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Choose the appropriate option and proceed.
(5) If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details and log in.
(6) Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:(a) Passport photograph.(b) Educational certificates.(c) Evidence of membership of any professional body.(d) Certificate of state of origin.(e) Birth certificate or age declaration.(f) NIN/BVN.
Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin. Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at assigned examination centres. Successful candidates would present their printed application forms (photo-slips, guarantors form, attestation form etc) at the Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during interview.
All applications must be submitted online not later than 14 March 2023
Minimium Age 20
Maximium Age 40
Minimium Height 1.65
Minimium Grade Second Class – Lower Division
Application Period 31 Jan 23 – 14 Mar 23