The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has officially opened the online application portal for the 2024 Hajj National Medical Team (NMT). This opportunity is opened to qualified Medical Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, and Environment Health Officers (EHO) who are willing to contribute their expertise to the annual Hajj exercise.
Accessing the Application Portal
Interested individuals can access the application portal through NAHCON’s website. Simply navigate to the “Resources” section and click on “NMT Application Portal” from the main menu. The application process is entirely online, so as to ensure convenience for all potential applicants.
The application portal will be open from 12 February 2024, starting at midnight, and will close on 26 February 2024 at 11:59 pm. Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications promptly within this timeframe.
Guidelines, Terms, and Conditions
To ensure a smooth application process, it is essential for candidates to adhere to the following guidelines, terms, and conditions:
- Volunteerism: The 2024 National Medical Team Operation is based on volunteerism, in accordance with international standards set by NAHCON management.
- Eligibility Criteria: Only eligible medical personnel should apply. The provided information will determine eligibility for further screening/examination.
- Verification: All information submitted is subject to verification. Any omission, misstatement, or falsification may result in rejection or removal from the eligibility list.
- Free Application: The application process is entirely free. NAHCON does not require any fee, directly or indirectly, for this application.
- No Guarantee of Eligibility: Filling the application form does not guarantee eligibility for the NMT position.
To qualify for the 2024 NMT, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age Limits: Doctors and pharmacists should be between 28 – 60 years, while nurses and other professionals should be between 22 – 60 years.
- Active Service: Applicants must be in active service at the time of application.
- No Recent Hajj Service: Applicants must not have served in the last three years’ Hajj (2019, 2022, & 2023).
- Commitment: Successful applicants must be ready to work for 28 days and stay in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for up to 45 days before returning to Nigeria.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents along with their application:
- Guarantor’s form
- Basic professional certificate
- NYSC certificate (where applicable)
- Current annual professional practicing license
- Profile picture (taken against a white background)
- Applicants’ declaration
- Employer’s clearance letter.
Every application must be accompanied by an attestation from a credible guarantor, such as a career civil servant (not below the rank of GL 15), Traditional ruler, Magistrate, or Local Government Chairman. The guarantor should have known the applicant for at least 5 years and can attest to their integrity, capacity, and capability.
Communication and Service Details
Only successful applicants will be communicated to after each stage of the selection process. It should be noted that all successful personnel are expected to serve on a voluntary basis, having the spirit of selfless dedication to the medical needs of Hajj participants.
To start your application for the 2024 Hajj National Medical Team, follow these essential steps:
- Create an Account: To begin the application process, create an account on NAHCON’s website.
- Valid Email Address: Ensure you use a valid email address during the account creation process. This email address will be used for communication throughout the application period.
- Login Details: Your email address and the password you set during account creation will serve as your login details. Keep these credentials secure and easily accessible.
- Provide Accurate Information: Fill in all required information diligently, as the details you provide will play a significant role in determining your eligibility for the next stages of the application process.
- Double-Check Details: Before submitting your application, carefully review all the details you’ve entered.
- Single Application: Applicants are advised to submit only one application. Multiple applications from the same individual will result in disqualification.
Contact for Enquiries
Should you have any inquiries or encounter technical issues during the application process, please reach out to the technical support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The dedicated team is ready to assist and provide guidance to ensure a smooth and seamless application experience.
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria looks forward to receiving applications from qualified medical professionals who are willing to contribute their skills to the success of the 2024 Hajj exercise. Interested individuals are urged to carefully review and comply with the outlined guidelines to ensure a successful application process.