In this blog post, we delve into the AKK Gas Pipeline Project-Based Human Capital Development Recruitment, a significant initiative by BrentexCPP Limited to empower unemployed Nigerian graduates. The post provides a concise overview of the project’s objectives, eligibility criteria, training areas, and application process. This blog post also sheds light on the program’s significance in enhancing the skill set of graduates and fostering their employability in the energy sector.
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) is undertaking a significant project known as the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano Gas Pipeline and Stations (AKK). This pipeline spans a vast distance of 40 x 614km and is a crucial part of the Trans-Nigerian Gas Pipeline Network, an essential component of the Nigeria Gas Master Plan. BrentexCPP Limited, a reputable engineering, procurement, and construction company, is responsible for Segment 2 of the project, encompassing 318.66km of the pipeline’s construction.
In alignment with the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board’s (NCDMB) statutory requirement for the AKK Gas Pipeline and Stations Project, BrentexCP Limited has taken a commendable initiative to organize a Project-Based Human Capital Development Training program. This training is designed specifically for unemployed Nigerian graduates from all geopolitical zones. The aim of this initiative is to enhance the skill set of the graduates, aligning them with industry demands, and fostering their employability in the energy sector.
To participate in the Project-Based Human Capital Development Training, applicants must fulfill certain eligibility criteria. They must be between the ages of 18 to 35 years and should have graduated within the last five years. Additionally, applicants are required to present a satisfactory fitness report from a recognized government medical institution and possess an active bank account, a valid identification number, and a letter of identification indicating their state and LGA of origin. Having an active and valid email address and a mobile phone is essential to receive communications regarding the training.
The training program encompasses a wide range of educational qualifications to ensure a diverse pool of applicants. Those eligible must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree/HND in Engineering and Physical Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, or possess a National Diploma or equivalent in Engineering and Physical Sciences. Even candidates with a Secondary School Leaving Certificate can apply, broadening the program’s accessibility to a more extensive segment of the Nigerian population.
Areas of Training
The comprehensive training program covers three major categories:
- Technical: Participants will receive training in vital technical areas such as Welding, Pipe Fitting, Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC), and Pipeline Engineering.
- General: Training will include essential skills like Health Safety & Environment practices, Project Management with Primavera P6, Business Analysis, and Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Non-Technical: Participants will have the opportunity to enhance their soft skills through workshops in Effective Communication, Technical Writing, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking, Understanding Local Content Compliance, Leadership, Entrepreneurial Skills, and Business Analysis.
Interested applicants can submit their applications through the NOGIC JQS portal https://nogicjgs.gov.ng/accounts/sign-up.
How to Create NOGIC JQS account
To create a NOGIC JQS account, follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Account” button, and then choose “Create an Individual Account” from the options presented.
- Fill in all the necessary information in the provided form, ensuring that all required fields are completed accurately.
- After filling out the form, click on the “Sign up” button to initiate the process of creating your portal account.
- Once your account is successfully created, log in to the portal using your credentials.
- Update your profile by providing information in the following sections: Basic Data, Educational Qualification, Industry Certification, Job Experience, Skill, and Industry Training.
- To support your qualifications, make sure to upload copies of all relevant certificates that you wish to claim.
By completing these steps, you will have successfully set up your NOGIC JQS account, allowing you to participate in the AKK Gas Pipeline Project-Based Human Capital Development Recruitment and access various opportunities in the energy sector.
Deadline and Selection
The deadline for submitting applications is within the next 12 days. Only successful candidates will be contacted for further proceedings. The selection process will prioritize applicants based on their qualifications and their alignment with the training’s focus areas.
The AKK Gas Pipeline Project-Based Human Capital Development Recruitment by BrentexCPP Limited is a commendable initiative that aims to equip unemployed Nigerian graduates with essential skills and knowledge to thrive in the energy sector. By providing training opportunities in technical, general, and non-technical fields, this program seeks to foster a skilled workforce that will contribute significantly to the nation’s development.
As the deadline approaches, eligible candidates are encouraged to apply promptly and take advantage of this invaluable opportunity to enhance their career prospects. For more information and updates, interested individuals can visit the NOGIC JQS portal or reach out to BrentexCP Limited’s Human Resources department.