This blog post gives you guide on how to apply for the 2023 NNPC joint venture scholarship. Keep on reading!
The NNPC Joint Venture Scholarship has been a beacon of support for Nigerian students, embodying a powerful commitment to their education. As a significant part of the corporate social responsibility of the joint venture between NNPC, NAOC, and OANDO, this scholarship program is dedicated to empowering and assisting deserving students across the nation. Through this initiative, they aim to nurture talent, fuel aspirations, and build a brighter future for the next generation.
Nature of the Scholarship
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC), and Oando PLC are proud to announce the launch of the highly anticipated 2023 Joint Venture Tertiary Scholarship Scheme. This prestigious scholarship program is designed to support and empower Nigerian students in pursuing their tertiary education. Divided into various categories, this scholarship scheme aims to cater to a wide range of academic disciplines and provide financial assistance to deserving students across the nation. By investing in the education of these talented individuals, NNPC, NAOC, and Oando PLC reaffirm their commitment to fostering educational excellence and nurturing future leaders for the country.
Cartegories of the Scholarship
The scholarship scheme is divided into the following categories:
- Host/Transit Communities Merit Award: This esteemed scholarship is exclusively available to candidates hailing from NAOC Host/Transit Communities, encompassing regions like Rivers State, Bayelsa, and more.
- National Merit Award: This particular category is reserved for applicants originating from Non-Host/Transit communities.
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Applicants are required to possess a minimum of five O’ level credit passes (including English and Mathematics) obtained in a single sitting.
- Applicants should be in their second year of study or beyond.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or higher.
Eligible Students for the NNPC Joint Venture Scholarship Scheme:
Students enrolled in the following programs are qualified to apply for the scholarship:
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering/Science
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
The process of application for the NNPC Joint Venture Scholarship in 2023
- Visit the NNPC/Total Scholarship Portal.
- Click on the “Apply for Scholarship” option.
- Choose the “Click Here to Register/Login” button.
- Provide your personal information to initiate the scholarship registration.
- Confirm that you are not a robot by selecting the Captcha box.
- Click on the Register button.
- Check your email inbox to verify your email address.
- Log in to your NNPC/Total Scholarship portal to proceed with the registration process.
Step-by-Step Registration Process:
Please follow these steps to complete the detailed registration procedure:
- Provide your full name, date of birth, and permanent home address. Additionally, upload a recent passport photograph.
- Enter your active email address and mobile phone number. It is essential to provide valid contact information.
- Input your state and local government of origin. You will be required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
- Select your university, course of study, and year of study. Include your JAMB/University admission letter as an uploaded document.
- Enter your JAMB score or CGPA. For second-year medical students, providing your JAMB score is sufficient. Upload your JAMB statement of result and university CGPA accordingly.
- Review your application to ensure that all fields have been accurately filled out. Upload the necessary documents, including a recent passport photograph, certificate or proof of origin, Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE), UTME result, JAMB/University Admission Letter, and 1st-year result showing CGPA.
- It is important to note that each applicant must possess a valid personal email account for smooth communication purposes.
Key Points to Keep in Mind:
Please take note of the following important information:
- The aptitude test for the scholarship will take place at designated centers, and specific details regarding the test will be communicated to the applicants at a later date.
- It is the responsibility of the applicants to cover the entire cost of transportation to and from the aptitude test centers.
- Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted and invited to participate in the aptitude test.
- Applicants who score less than 50% overall on the aptitude test will not be considered for the scholarship.
- The results of the aptitude test for all participating candidates will be posted on notice boards at various locations.
In conclusion, applying for the NNPC Joint Venture Scholarship in 2023 involves visiting the NNPC/Total Scholarship Portal, registering, providing personal details, verifying email address, and completing the registration process. It is crucial to review and upload all the required documents accurately. Applicants should also note that the aptitude test will be conducted at designated centers, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The results of the aptitude test will be published on notice boards. Good luck to all the applicants in their pursuit of the NNPC Joint Venture Scholarship.