This blog post provides comprehensive information on the police constable application process, requirements, and what aspiring candidates should expect.
The Nigeria Police Force, in collaboration with the Police Service Commission (PSC), is calling upon interested and qualified Nigerians to join their ranks as Police Constables (Recruits).
To be eligible for the role of Police Constable in Nigeria, you must meet several criteria. Here’s what you need:
- Birth Certificates / Declaration of Age: Provide evidence of your birth certificate or declaration of age.
- Physical and Mental Fitness: Get a certificate from a government-recognized hospital proving your physical and mental fitness.
- Good Character Endorsement: Obtain a certificate vouching for your good character from your village or district head.
- Indigene Certificate: Secure an indigene certificate signed by your Local Government Chairman or Secretary.
- Guarantor Form: Get the guarantor form endorsed by a Public Servant not below the rank of GL13, a Police Officer not below the rank of CSP, or an equivalent rank from the Armed Forces and other Paramilitary services.
Application Closing Date
Make sure to complete your application by the 26th of November, 2023.
Method of Application
You can apply online, and the application portal will open on the 15th of October, 2023. Click here to apply online.
Here are the key requirements for your application:
- Nigerian Origin and NIN: Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth and have a National Identification Number (NIN).
- Educational Qualifications: Possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WAEC/NECO or its equivalent, with credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- Age Limit: Applicants must be aged between 18-25 years.
- Health and Physical Requirements: Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit and meet height and chest measurement criteria. (1.67m tall for male and 1.64m tall for female, with a minimum chest measurement of 86cm for males.)
- Pregnancy: Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of entry.
- Contact Information: Applicants must have a valid email address and phone number.
- Exam Results: SSCE statements of result or certificates relating to examinations taken before 2014 will not be accepted.
- Legal Record: Applicants must be free from any financial embarrassment and not have any criminal convictions.
- Document Upload: You need to upload scanned copies of your SSCE results, Birth Certificate, and Certificate of Origin.
Here’s some additional crucial information:
- Physical Screening: Applicants must print their completed online form and guarantor form and submit them during the physical/credentials screening exercise at designated centers nationwide.
- Aptitude Test: Successful applicants will undergo an Aptitude Test (Computer-Based) on a date to be communicated later.
- Medical Screening: Those who pass the Aptitude Test will be invited for Automated Medical Screening at the 17 Police Zonal Medical Centers.
- Training: Successful applicants will undergo combined academic and physical training to become Police Constables.
The 2023 Nigeria Police Force recruitment exercise offers an opportunity for eligible Nigerians to serve their country. The online application portal is open for six weeks from the 15th of October to the 26th of November, 2023.
This is a free-of-charge recruitment exercise and welcomes both male and female candidates of good character. Stay tuned to the portal for any updates, and if you have questions, you can call the help desk at 08069794453 or 09060483893. Join the Nigeria Police Force and contribute to the safety and security of your nation.