The 3MTT program aims to nurture Nigeria’s technical talent and position the nation as a hub for exporting these talents globally.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has embarked on a transformative initiative, the 3 Million Technical Talent (3MTT) program, which is set to redefine the country’s digital landscape. Dr. Bosun Tijani, the Minister of Communications, Innovation, and Digital Economy, opened the doors to this innovative program, a cornerstone of the Renewed Hope agenda.
The 3MTT Program Unveiled
The program’s first phase, conducted in collaboration with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), is a monumental step in the journey to digital transformation. This phase will involve key stakeholders, including fellows, training providers, partners, and placement organizations, creating a collaborative ecosystem to drive technical talent development.
Funding for Skill Development
A core component of the first phase is identifying individuals with a keen interest in specific technical skills. The government has committed to funding the training costs for these individuals, enabling them to acquire vital skills that are in high demand in today’s tech-driven world.
30,000 Future Technical Talents
The first phase is set to train and place an impressive 30,000 technical talents. This figure represents a significant stride towards achieving the program’s overall goal. It is part of the Ministry’s 1%-10%-100% implementation approach, meticulously designed to ensure the program’s success.
1%-10%-100% Implementation Approach
The Minister, Dr. Bosun Tijani, outlined the 1%-10%-100% implementation approach, a strategic framework that underpins the program’s success. This approach, he emphasized, allows the Ministry to start small, validate the feasibility of the program, and gradually scale it up as it progresses.
- 1%: Prototyping – In the initial stage, the program starts as a prototype to test its viability.
- 10%: Piloting – Once the prototype proves successful, the program moves into a pilot phase to refine its processes.
- 100%: Scaling – With lessons learned from the pilot phase, the program scales up to reach its full potential and make a substantial impact.
Diverse Skill Development
The first phase of the 3MTT program is not limited to traditional tech skills. Instead, it emphasizes a broader range of skills that leverage technology to enhance various roles. These include:
- Digital Marketing: Equipping individuals with the tools to excel in online marketing strategies.
- Project Management Software: Developing skills for effective project management using software solutions.
- Cloud Platforms Navigation: Teaching cloud computing skills that are vital for modern businesses.
- Data Analysis and Visualization: Empowering individuals to make data-driven decisions.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Enhancing website visibility in search engines.
- CRM Management: Managing customer relationships effectively.
- Accounting Software: Proficiency in using accounting software.
- Graphics Design: Fostering creativity in design.
- UX/UI Design: Crafting user-friendly and visually appealing interfaces.
The launch of the 3 Million Technical Talent program represents a significant step towards Nigeria’s digital transformation and emergence as a global technical talent exporter. This first phase, guided by the 1%-10%-100% implementation approach, holds the promise of developing a diverse pool of technical talents who will shape the future of the country’s digital economy.
As the application portal opens, Nigerians with a passion for these skills have the opportunity to be part of this monumental journey. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this exciting program – click here to apply today!
You may also read: